Friday, September 28, 2007

And while I'm at it

I made a chat program in Visual Basic in college. It sucked as a program, but it had a neat feature I always wanted out of a chat client, which is multiple input windows. Here's an example:

____________________________________
CoolGal27: Hey how's it going?
SmooveDood69: Not bad.
____________________________________
Enter Message:
Actually, I was just getting done with my dissertation on bacteriophages. It's really quite fascinating, these virus-like agents actually attack bacteria, in a similar way to how viruses


...

____________________________________
CoolGal27: Hey how's it going?
SmooveDood69: Not bad.
CoolGal27: Want to meet up for dinner?
____________________________________
Enter Message:
Actually, I was just getting done with my dissertation on bacteriophages. It's really quite fascinating, these virus-like agents actually attack bacteria, in a similar way to how viruses dangerous to you and me would attack our cells. My personal thesis focused on



Goddammit! See, now I have to copy all this text, type in, "yeah sure, but I can't until 7", and paste my long discussion back into the input window.

I'd make a plugin that would give you two or more input windows, so you could have that long thing you were typing along side the quick thing you send over.


Another idea I had was the ability to send a message to multiple people at once. Not in a chat room, just a quick message or two privately. As it stands, if there's a kool link ^_^ that I need all my friendz 2 see, I need to paste it into all the different windows, etc. I'd like to make a plugin that gives the ability to multicast messages.


And dammit why did 2.2 get rid of the font sweep-away icon?!? The greatest thing Pidgin ever did.

No comments: